Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Quotations

It started with infatuation.

"I love her and thats the beginning of everything."
- F.Scott Fitzgerald

I didn't know why it started, I didn't know how, I didn't even know if it was real.

"Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes... just be an illusion."
- Javan

It soon became clear to me it was real.

"It is difficult to know what moment love begins; it is less difficult to know that it has begun."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

I kept it in for a long time, unsure if what I felt was mutual. I was afraid I'd ruin the friendship.

"Friendship often ends in love; but love in friendship - never."
- Charles Caleb Colton

The feelings did not go away.

"Love is like war: easy to begin but hard to stop."
- M. L. Mencken

In the end, with some coercing, I confessed to her. And she became mine.

"Love is love's reward."
- John Dryden

I made mistakes, I hurt her countless times, but she stood by me through thick and thin.

"Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit."
- Peter Ustinov

Everything we went through only made us love each other more.

"I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only love."
- Mother Teresa

Now, because of her, I can say I have changed. Changed for the better.

"I love you, not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you."
- Roy Croft

All I can do now is love her, and hope that this dream continues forever.

"I wished for nothing beyond her smile, and to walk with her thus, hand in hand, along a sun-warmed, flower-bordered path."
- Andre Gide

I love you Safiyyah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment